By Kelly Reilly, Principal
Energized? Enthusiastic? Empowered? Equipped? We sure are! Fourteen Holy Trinity staff members recently spent 3 days at the FLGA District President’s Equip Conference with over 700 fellow attendees. Have you ever heard 700+ people singing Amazing Grace together?? It was truly an uplifting experience. The staff joined together to hear inspiring keynote speakers that encouraged us in our work in God’s mission field and urged us to keep reaching out to God’s people. During the conference there were 5 workshop sessions in which the staff could choose the topic most meaningful to them. The great thing about this set-up is that because the staff chose different sessions, they all have different things to share with each other. Each staff member was touched in different way by this experience and brought back wonderful ideas and new energy for our school. Here are some of the highlights shared by the staff:
- This year's conference was excellent! The breakout session, "Sharing Your Faith with the Homeless" was transformative. I learned that many people are spiritually homeless. Identifying the needs of the heart is more crucial than identifying tangible needs. Sharing Jesus and scripture in addition to meeting immediate needs, provides the Holy Spirit an opportunity to work and transform lives. Jesus is always the game changer!
- What a great conference! I learned many great ideas to apply to our kindergarten curriculum! The bonus was spending special time with our HTLS faculty who are such wonderful people.
- A favorite quote from keynote speaker Erik Dellenback, CEO of Tim Tebow Foundation. “We are unimpressive, but we have an impressive and awesome God who is for us!”
- Even though “the future is no longer that it used to be”, we have to stand firm and build our Christian faith because it is our future, not just our past, that affects our present.
- Ms. Larson, 2nd Grade teacher, was excited about new ideas for student led chapels as well as for the time spent laughing, talking and sharing with the staff.